There’s A Reason They Use Weight Classes

Untitled document

Martin Peretz is one of the owners of The New Republic. He is also the editor-in-chief of said magazine. Up until now, he has never, he informs us, read a single word of what gets posted over at Daily Kos. Well, since Kos personally attacked TNR a few days ago, Peretz has taken the time to read the 'flagship' of the people-powered netroots.

Martin Peretz is very unimpressed with the Daily Kos.

He is so unimpressed that he has published his response to Kos' personal attack with a brilliant, masterful smack down of positively biblical proportions.

And his rant against us, well, borders on a nut case's. When a high-minded or, rather, high-strung moralist is accused by The New York Times of journalistic hanky-panky and then by TNR of running an ideological censorship bureau, reminiscent of the old Catholic Legion of Decency, he will go off the rails. And he did. "This is what The New Republic had evolved into–just another cog of the Vast RIGHT Wing Conspiracy." An old professor of mine once warned me against writers who use capital letters for emphasis. Good advice she gave me. Capital letters suggest some imbalance in the mind of their employer. In whose interests has TNR sought "to destroy the new people-powered movement"? Kos answers his own question: "for the sake of its Lieberman-worshipping neo-con owners; that it stands with the National Review and wingnutosphere in their opposition to grassroots Democrats." Don't look at Kos's grammar. He's ranting.

This is a must read. Short, elegant, brutal and virtually guaranteed to have Kos' (and all the Koz Kiddiez) monitor screen deluged by vast amounts of spittle. There's gonna be a run on monitors at Best Buy!

Somebody really should have warned Kos not to bring a peashooter to a gun fight.

The other day I said this was like watching professional wrestling only with no ring girls. Now it's more like heavyweight boxing, although there are still no ring girls. (Somebody want to get on that, please?). Too bad for Kos that he is completely out of his class.

UPDATE: Greetings visitors from Instapundit. Please do take a look around while you're here.

UPDATE: See this post as well on the TNR/Koz cagematch.

UPDATE: I won't send money to the NYT to get behind it's Times Select wall, so I can't read Brooks column directly. But it sounds a hoot.

This entry was posted in Blogosphere, Left Wing, Media. Bookmark the permalink.

24 Responses to There’s A Reason They Use Weight Classes

1. don surber says:

You have to understand, Kos is a PFC who thinks he’s a general.

Peretz is a sergeant major.

More like a Gunny!

3. K T Cat says:

This should move the cannibalism into high gear.

By the way, all the cute girls are on our side. Thank God there aren’t any ring girls. Do you want to see Madeleine Albright and Helen Thomas in skimpy bathing suits holding up round numbers?

Aaiiiieee! My eyes! I just gave myself that mental image! I’m blind, I’m blind!

THAT was pure evil. I have to go wash my mind’s eye out with Drano, now.

5. KG says:

Could you just clarrify one thing for me: is going from professional wrestling to heavyweight boxing an improvement?

Well, boxing isn’t usually staged like pro-wrestling.

7. Kos is widely quoted for saying, ‘I’m an asshole’. He’s proud of it. He attracts other proud assholes (there’s always an abundance).

That’s the entirety of Daily Kos. It’s not about ideology, although it pretends to be. Right now, Peretz is trying to justify his non-right-wing credentials. It absolutely will not matter. Marcos and his gang want to be complete assholes, but they also want to be seen as pure and unsullied and they want to be important. There’s no use telling them that those elements will never form an alloy. (Or an ally.)

8. Dave Schuler says:

I think you mean bantamweight boxing.

Congratulations on the Instalanche.

It took a while to figure out why the traffic was so high on this post!

10. Pingback: Stop The ACLU

11. Granted says:

Instead of boxing or pro-wrestling (gag) how about UFC? Still weight classes, still ring girls, lot’s more elbow’s & knees. Just a thought.

Just so the ring girls are cute. Damn it KT, I can’t get that horrible picture out of my head!

13. They really should change the name of their movement from Netroots to NUTROOTS.

I think the terms are about interchangable these days.

15. Akaky says:

Dammit, KT, I just ate my lunch! I’ll have to drink a half bottle of Pepto just to keep my sausages and peppers hero down now, for crying out loud. You deserve to be blind for even thinking of something like that.

He’s evil, I tell you.

17. Pingback: California Conservative

18. Shawn says:

A Tammany Hall reference…perfect! Wish I’d thought of it myself. I believe that even if this all blows over for Markos, legally speaking, he will still have taken a couple of hits because of his behavior during all this. Extreme idealogues are not good for politics and I would welcome it if he began getting a cold shoulder from the Democrats.

19. C’mon, you gotta admit: it’s “break out the popcorn” time and just watch Kos and the nutroots blow their own asses to Kingdom Come denying that they are the new millenium equivelent of Pogo’s “we’ve met the enemy… and he is us.”

20. Pingback: Blue Crab Boulevard » Blog Archive » TNR Vs. Zuniga - Not Even Fair

Oh, it’s amusing as hell. They honestly cannot see what they are doing to themselves at this point. See the new post I just put up. It’s linked in an update here.

22. Pingback: Donkey Cons

23. Tim says:

Hmmm, its pretty clear who’s going to win this fight. The Children of the Corn pretty much had their way until an adult showed up. Well, for Kos’ children, the adult just showed up. Watch for smoke.

24. Folks, remember the “Dean Scream”? That wasn’t about Dean going unhinged–his hinges were about the same as they always were. It was about the election-hungry MSM deciding Dean might be a problem rather than a solution. They were looking for a way to take Dean down a notch and the Scream did the job.

So… fast-forward to 2006 and the political pilgrimage to the Shrine of Kos at Las Vegas. When the crowd booed Hillary, the stage was set for Scream II. The election-hungry MSM is still ready, able, and willing to throw a left-wing darling out of the lifeboat if it becomes necessary.

If I were a Kossack, I’d be fighting back hard at this point. They dumped Dean because they could, and they’ll krush Kos if they kan–but now may be the time for the netroots to go nuts* or become irrelevant.

(*More nuts, or more irrelevant)