Are You Kidding Me?

What in the hell is wrong with the left today? What makes them think this is acceptable? ANOTHER incident of putting someone in blackface.

Crying Uncle

BLITZER: I have been covering the Cheneys for many years, including on a day-to-day basis when he was the defense secretary during the first Gulf War and I was CNN’s Pentagon correspondent . . . I was surprised when she came out swinging on Friday, surprised . . . at her sniping at my patriotism.

Wolf Blitzer
CNN Late Edition
October 29, 2006

Translation: Oh Lawdy! Massa's wife so mad she even beatin' on us house slaves now. What dis ol' world comin' to?

This is sick.

UPDATE: Would-be commeters really should read the comment policy on the "About" page.

UPDATE: No, honestly, you really should read the comment policy. I will continue to delete comments that violate the rules. So you are really wasting your time if you keep trying to post comments that break the rules. Period.

UPDATE: Many thanks to all the people linking to this post. Please do take a look around if you're visiting for the first time.

This entry was posted in Insanity, Left Wing. Bookmark the permalink.

64 Responses to Are You Kidding Me?

1. section9 says:

Yup, just as I thought. More rationalizations than a Deconstructionist at a Wellstone Funeral.

Jesus wept.

2. Pingback: The Pelosi Agenda. Part 5 « Nuke’s news & views

3. RamblinRose says:

Blitzer considers himself a patriot? I must be Old School: I thought patriots didn’t provide aid and comfort to the enemy.

4. Yarno says:

Never, not for a moment, did I ever beleive Black Face to be a racist. It was’nt designed, nor meant to be a negative image of African-Americns. It was and remains an ancient Theatrical device (Greek and Japanese KaBuki) to designate a symbolic voice, eg: of the gods. It is a ‘Masque’, not to be confused with, let us say, a halloween mask, which is, in it’s origins a religious/political ceromony which defines specific enemies of Christian States during particular periods in Europe eg: the hooked-nosed Witch, the malformed dwarf (now:’Little People’ on TV) etc. even Death itself is the enemy.
    Black Face was and still is, in my mind, a magnificent form of Theatre that brought and still brings Joy to vast millions of people of all racial and religious diversities. Some of the earliest desplays of Black Face were in Early American ‘Vaudeville’ Shows (Vaudeville is an ancient French word & concept that is translated and defined as: The Voice of the City), and that tradition lasted in the U.S. about a hundred years. Vaudeville, with it’s Black Face gave rise to great performers – say rather – Artists!
    I see only error in the Faux-Political Correctness that demonizes Theatrical Black Face by revolutionaries and radical scholars who declared, in the 1960′s that Black Face was demeaning to Negro’s. They manipulated the young people of the era to accept a LIE, a total false-hood. They made the young into dhimmis, They Mau-Mau’d the kids of America, and coined Black-ness into a commodity.
    The House-Servant Slaves were not excoriated, certainly not by the Master’s and certainly not by the Field Slaves themselves, for the House Slaves, whether it was Uncle Tom or Aunt Jamimma were the trusted interface between two worlds that were seperated by much more than different cultures.
    Black Face, Uncle Tom and Aunt Jamimma were and are demeaned by the college educated(?) young Black men and woman of the sixties, their contrary & lame racist war cry: “Black IS Beautiful” and for the most part their attempt at a proprietory copywrite on victim-hood.
    enuf-fur-now!

5. salvage says:

AHAHHAHAHA!

Hysterical in every sense of the word.

6. jlo says:

Gaius Says:

October 30th, 2006 at 12:28 pm
    Defending the indefensible as razor sharp. Very good.

Perhaps Prometheus 6 could get it through.

There is of course one other simple test: what would the reaction be from the left if a right leaning blog had done this? Describing it as razor sharp would not be the way that discussion would go.
    …………………………………………………………………

But you see, this is exactly my point – and you miss it just as badly as you miss Billmon’s. This isn’t a right or left issue (I mean for crissakes, Billmon is criticizing CNN), but an issue about everyone’s right to utilize powerful and even distasteful imagery to portray a point of view.

It’s fine to disagree with that p.o.v. (in fact I encourage dissent and criticism), but don’t try and paint Billmon as a racist when it’s painfully obvious under any objective examination that the point he’s attempting to make is that Blitzer and far too many of his cronies in the popular media were a bunch of syncophantic clowns regarding the current presidential administration up until the public polls told them that that kind of fawning coverage was no longer necessary. Of course, the hard questions Wolf chose to level at Lynne Cheney are now, after a all that has happened in the last half decade, repulsively too little and too late.

Apparently you would have everyone never utilize any reference, whether direct or indirect, to blackface or slavery or any other form of institutional racism to drive home a critical point. That’s fine and all as your own tastes and values go, but Billmon was utilizing the imagery to emphasize his well-founded disgust with what is often referred to (thoughtlessly) as the liberal media.

There’s a lot more to Billmon’s post than you are willing to allow simply because of your knee-jerk political correctness is screaming so loudly as to drown out any of your normal analytical skills.

On that last point, you really ought to develop a more sophisticated sense of humor too. After all, isn’t ironic to refer to a chief CNN commentator/reporter as essentially a “self-loathing uncle tom” so to speak? If it were some Fox equivalent, I would accuse Billmon of taking a cheap shot, but you gotta hand it to him for instead directing the cannon at one of leading lights of the so-called Communist News Network.

Tell you what, jlo, how about you try that sophisticated sense of humor at an NAACP meeting. Better yet, how about a Nation of Islam gathering.

You’ll be a real hit.

If that is sophisticated, I’ll just keep the sense of humor I have. It suits me better.

That and my sense of what is right and what is wrong.

8. Nahanni says:

Gaius,

The LLL’s have no sense of right and wrong. That is why they simply can not understand why people do not laugh at things like their blackface cartoons.

This is just reason #88956353769 as to why the Democrats and their LLL supporters should never be allowed into a position of power ever again.

9. Hrothgar says:

I predict former Crossfire personality, Lynn Cheney will stay Former. One blogger doesn’t represent the left, but somehow
    Pat Robertson and that Falwell guy speaks for all Christians.
    Like Fred Phelps speaks for Al and Tipper Gore:

10. Mack says:

It’s all part of an incredibly complex yet wonderfully simple system of self-entitlement that that particular group feels.

If done by a conservative, it’s racist; if done by a leftist, it’s art.

The complex part of it is the pretzel logic required to justify the whole thing:

Republican inappropriately propositions underage page; he’s outed and roundly condemned as a predator by the HRC among others. Democrat has sex with underage page, and he’s a trailblazer, celebrated by HRC and others.

The key, I guess is how you define “normal analytical skills”.

11. jlo says:

Gaius Says:

October 30th, 2006 at 8:14 pm

You’ll be a real hit.

That and my sense of what is right and what is wrong.

………………………………………………………………………………….

Like I said, knee-jerk. You must be a real blast at parties.

Again, why would any black person have a problem with some one using black face to criticize a white television reporter and the industry he works for?

Wouldn’t the black face have to be directed at, um, BLACK PEOPLE, to be so “wrong” as you insist? Here’s an idea, forward this ridiculous thread to your nearest NAACP chapter and get their comment before you presume to speak for them. I don’t even know how I became a Farrakhan lover with my post, so I won’t address that comment.

Please don’t bother to invite me to join you at the next screening of Borat. I can imagine you standing up in the theatre two minutes into the movie stridently lecturing all the rest of us on how sick and wrong we are to laugh at irony.

12. Jim Banner says:

Hypocracy to the left of me, hypocracy to the right of me….Ad Nauseum…political correctness has grown into a hideous monster that stifles legitimate debate, no matter your political leanings. Enough.

Jim,

You are wrong here. This is not political correctness.

14. Jim Banner says:

I believe we are all “politically incorrect” in someone’s eyes. (except of course liberal statements to liberal ears). I have long since quit giving a rat’s *** about whether or not anything I say is deemed PC. I just speak my mind and let the chips fall where they may. Is the Blackface Blitzer PC? Depends on what “is” is! No need to try to make any logical sense from the Party of Obfuscation. I’m Jim and my dog Spot approved this message.