Close on the heels of the exciting exploding laptop computer and the must have geek-cessory, the flaming zip drive, comes a new technological wonder! A real consumer must-have: the combustible massage chair!
TOKYO, Jan 31 (Reuters Life!) – Japan's Matsushita Electric Industrial Co. Ltd. said on Wednesday it would recall thousands of massage chairs for free tests and repairs, saying the chairs could catch fire.
The maker of Panasonic-brand goods said fires destroyed two massage chairs in December and January when power cords inside the chairs' motors emitted sparks.
Such fires would only occur in rare cases, said the maker of the chairs, Matsushita Electric Works, which is 51 percent-owned by Matsushita Electric.
The two incidents occurred in demo chairs after repeated use by customers, Matsushita Electric Works spokesman Yukio Kinashi said.
I wonder if there's video. If you have one of these babies, you might want to unplug it until it gets fixed.