The Easter Gunny

The Easter Gunny dropped by for a visit! Leaving a trail of .44 caliber eggs behind….. Model 1858 New Model Army, 12-inch barrel, modeled after the mythical "Buntline Special" revolvers. (And despite what you may have read as "fact", the story of Ned Buntline giving these revolvers to folks like Wyatt Earp are almost certainly myth.) Modern reproductions are manufactured in Italy by F. LLI Pietta and sold in the US under the nameplate of Traditions Firearms. Believe it or not, this is a very, very well balanced firearm despite the long barrel.

This entry was posted in Ordnance. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to The Easter Gunny

1. Kathy says:

ROFL. How Christ-like.

The Easter Bunny would be secular, having nothing to do with the religious significance of the day. I’ve also used “Gunday” instead of “Sunday.

3. Kathy says:

You said the “Easter gunny” and you didn’t mention Sunday or Gunday at all.

But I take your point. Today is (or was) Easter Sunday, and Easter Sunday is often an occasion for gift-giving; but a gun would be rather a strange present to give someone as an Easter present, given that Easter has to do with Jesus Christ, and guns are not usually associated with the life or teachings of Jesus, so the gun was NOT an Easter present. It was a present from the Easter gunny and you got it on Gunday. Or something like that.

Kathy, you are projecting like mad here. YOU brought religion in to this. YOU assume things about me that you have not a single clue about, whatsoever. Literally not a clue. You presume that all conservatives must conform to your imparted wisdom about what they must surely believe. You have not a clue at all as to whether I am a Christian, a Buddhist or a Jew. And YOU presume to pass judgment about what was a play on words.

Who has a problem here?

5. Blackhawk says:

That’s one heck of a bunny gun there. Hmmmm….maybe if I’d used one of those instead of that puny .177 varmit pistol last summer…

So, what’s left of a wabbit after you plug it with that? Four smokin (and lucky!) feet?

And I surely would like the Easter Gunney to stop by. I’ll take .44 cal anyday over painted eggs.

6. That’s one pretty piece of iron right there. My unkempt Mossberg’s acting all jealous!

7. I know I shouldn’t do this…but what the heck:

From the Gospel of Luke 22(NIV):

49When Jesus’ followers saw what was going to happen, they said, “Lord, should we strike with our swords?” 50And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.

51But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

The other Gospels agree that the Apostles were armed.

8. Kathy says:

… But Jesus answered, “No more of this!” And he touched the man’s ear and healed him.

I think I’ll just let the above speak for itself.

9. Except, Kathy, what you are implying isn’t correct according to the Gospel. He stopped the confrontation because he knew that he had to be taken, tried and crucified. As He says “I could have 12 Legions of Angels…”.

Choosing peace does not mean giving up violent response when required. As the money changers learned.

10. Kathy says:

I didn’t know Jesus killed the money-changers.

Maybe guns ARE representative of what Jesus stood for.

What do I know? I’m Jewish.

11. Pingback: Blue Crab Boulevard » Sometimes, You Have A Good Day