When “Zero Tolerance” = Zero Sense

Jay over at STACLU noticed this bit of politically correct total insanity. A second grader from New Jersey was suspended from school for drawing a crude stick-figure drawing of a gun. No, really, he was.

When did the First Amendment stop applying to 7 year olds?

A second-grader’s drawing of a stick figure shooting a gun earned him a one-day school suspension.

Kyle Walker, 7, was suspended last week for violating Dennis Township Primary School’s zero-tolerance policy on guns, the boy’s mother, Shirley McDevitt, told The Press of Atlantic City.

Kyle gave the picture to another child on the school bus, and that child’s parents complained about it to school officials, McDevitt said. Her son told her the drawing was of a water gun, she said.

A photocopy of the picture provided by McDevitt showed two stick figures with one pointing a crude-looking gun at the other, the newspaper said. What appeared to be the word “me” was written above the shooter, with another name scribbled above the other figure.

What has happened to this Country! They’d thrown me in jail for some of the things I drew as a kid if this is worthy of suspension. Our schools have lost their minds! Zero tolerance on guns equals suspension over a piece of notebook paper? More like zero common sense. I wonder if they would charge him with possession of a deadly weapon if he folded it up into a paper airplane? Meanwhile they want to hand out BIRTH CONTROL to eleven year olds!

A seven-year old boy now stigmatized in the school district he is unfortunate enough to live in over a crude sketch. The world has gone insane. I suppose I had better warn my son not to tell anyone at school that I handed him one of these just today to take a look at. (That is a true story, incidentally, I was looking at one of these today, handed it to him and asked him what he thought of it.)

This entry was posted in Insanity, Left Wing, PC Run Amok. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to When “Zero Tolerance” = Zero Sense

1. Sam L. says:

So did he say, “Can I have one for Christmas, Dad?”

He was VERY disappointed that I did not buy it on the spot.

3. Uncle Pinky says:

Well I want one for Christmas.

If’n you hit the lottery or anything.

Only problem is, I’m a back-carry guy so I’d have to do something about that tail. If you are a side or low-leg, that looks to be a fine weapon.

It’s going to pass down to your son eventually, so it is meet and right that he should have some input. Too many people forget the heirloom quality of fine gun-smithing. I always thought that it was an intro to genealogy (this S&W came from your great-grandad) for guys.

4. NortonPete says:

Browning’s 1911 masterpiece. My wife likes shooting it. I was looking for a Springfield but bought a S&W. Very happy with the S&W.

5. old_dawg says:

I would normally be embarrassed to hand my son anything less than the real thing – Colt M1911A1, but that is a fine looking piece.

6. Vmaximus says:

Is that the new Taurus? I have heard good things about them from the magazine reviews. I know one guy that bought one and did not care for it. I have been on a Kimber kick lately, they are pricey, but the 2 I have (Ultra Carry and TLE 2) are great and a few friends have them too and swear BY them (not at them).

Yes it is the new Taurus PT-1911. Basically a hot-rodded 1911 right from the factory. Specifications and description here:

I have three Taurus pistols and I like them all very much. A PT-938 is my usual carry weapon.

8. Sorry, but if I’m going to own a _replica_ I want it made by Springfield Arms. I mean I can understand budgets…but for an heirloom to be passed down to generations, I think I want better than a “good copy”!

I’m not terribly fond of the Springfields. My son has an XP in 9mm and I don’t care for the feel of it. (But he doesn’t like my Smith & Wesson, so we’re even).

I think you’d like the Taurus, QM. It actually is a really nicely made pistol. Fit and finish are excellent.