Let’s Hang Some Smokes On The Tree

Thanks to Maggie in the comments section, we now have evidence of the Canadian Beer Menace.

All in favor of organizing a relief expedition to Canada to alleviate the menace by taking all the beer, raise your hands. Remember, it's for the children. Bring coolers.

This entry was posted in Humor, Video. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Let’s Hang Some Smokes On The Tree

1. Maggie says:

Screw that, Gaius!

The “children” can get their own! Probably tell you where to find it too … Heh!

2. NortonPete says:

In college, my floormates decorated the dorm’s tree with empty beer cans of various types. You open the pop top, drink the beer and then put a hook through the pop top and presto you have a shiney ornament. I think we finally put that tree in an empty elevator heading to the lobby.

3. steveegg says:

I’ve got dibs on the Labatt Maximum Ice.

4. terrence says:

So, blame Canada, eh! Oh, all right, go ahead; we deserve it.

You do know that Canadians keep their beer in these old fridges for one or two reasons
    1. To keep it from freezing, and/or,
    2. To keep it at the correct temperature for long term storage (45-50 degrees F), and those old fridges do this better than new ones.

All your beers are belong us, eh?

6. feeblemind says:

We did pretty much the same thing Nortonpete, but no elevator to dipose of the tree. My dorm was only 3 stories high. As for you Terrence, I agree about the old refrigerators. My roommate and I had one that dated from the late 1940s. It kept beer at the perfect temp., about a tenth of a degree above freezing. As of a few weeks ago, it was still keeping beer cold for my old college roommate.

7. When my father-in-law comes down I’ll task him to bring as much here as he can…it’s for the planet!

Truly an initiative that can unite all Americans. Or at least all American beer drinkers.

9. NortonPete says:

Feeblemind: Dichlorodifluoromethane (R-12) was a widely used refridgerant. It had great qualities as a cooling gas.
    Vapor pressure and boiling point are paramount. For a temperature of about 40°C inside the refrigerator, the refrigerant needs to boil below -10°C and above -60°C , R12′s numbers.
    R12 was a CFC so it was banned, but how many fridges were scrapped? It worked better than R134A.
    We don’t hear much about the ozone layer any more, its all Global Warming.