Ponies All Around

This is an absolutely appalling campaign commercial from camp Clinton that just illustrates how much of a tin ear Hillary actually has. She plays Santa, gladhanding away your tax money.

Hat Tip, Hot Air. Somebody with mad video skillz has got to be working on this already. I don't have those, but I did try to help out a bit:

UPDATE: Thanks to NortonPete in comments for the idea, we now have Bad Santas.

This entry was posted in Foto Phun, Politics, Taxes. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Ponies All Around

1. NortonPete says:

Oh my God I’m digging around for that awful, horrible DVD ” Bad Santa “.
    Never mind, the last two screen shots will do, very funny.

2. bill-tb says:

Christmas to Liberals is buying their voters off with your money.

3. Pingback: A Merry Christmas Message From Czarina « Hot Rodham Blog

4. Kathy says:

I am? Hooray! Maybe I will get something for my hard-earned money other than torture, warrantless surveillance, and thousands of dead bodies.

Plus, I would much rather see a campaign video that tells me what the candidate’s actual positions are on the actual ISSUES, than listen to Mike Huckabee presumptuously, offensively, and inappropriately telling me I should be celebrating the birth of Christ. Truthfully, I really don’t want to hear Mike Huckabee’s views on the meaning of Christmas, and I don’t need a lesson on Jesus Christ.

I thought Clinton’s video was extremely clever and well-done, and even more to the point, *relevant,* whether you agree with her views or not.

Kathy, did you notice that she not only doesn’t mention who is going to pay for all these lofty ideas, she also says absolutley nothing about HOW she’s going to accomplish all of this (nor has she explained it at any time during the campaign)? Nor does she mention the other consequences some of her actions (like bringing the troops home before the job is done) would produce. Hillary is great at pushing liberal buttons by talking about all of the items that are near and dear to liberal hearts – she just has no idea of how to accomplish them. The one time she actually tried to tackle 0ne of them – universal health care – she failed miserably.

Besides, I don’t like the idea of ANY politician (Clinton or Huckabee) using the Christmas Holiday to further their own political careers. I’m not even religious, I just think some things should be left alone and not used for personal gain.

6. Kathy says:

Congress just passed a $555 billion dollar budget, with $70 billion in extra money (i.e., icing, in addition to the hundreds of billions of dollars for the full defense budget) for Iraq.

Who is going to pay for THAT?

And what will I get for it?

That said, I am under NO illusions that Hillary Clinton will keep any of these promises she’s making, or get any of these programs she mentions in her video actually passed into law. I lived through 8 years of her husband’s “promises,” remember. Clinton is a deeply conservative Democrat who is playing to her liberal base.

But at least her video speaks to the actual issues that I care about, as opposed to Mike Huckabee’s Christmas video, which shoves his specific evangelical fundamentalist Christian religious beliefs down my throat.

Like Jesus Christ?

Surely you are not credulous enough to believe that Huckabee’s “let’s celebrate the birth of Christ” video was a sincere expression of his religious beliefs, if he actually has any? Surely you realize that Huckabee was using Christmas, and Jesus Christ, to further his political career?

I agree with the basic sentiment you’re expressing, but I find it far more offensive for a politician to use personal religious doctrine that should have no place in a political campaign, to further his political career, than for a politician to use the actual political issues that are important to voters in a Christmas campaign video.

7. feeblemind says:

I agree with Kathy. I like the ad too, and if the repubs have any brains, they will use the ad over and over if HRC gets the nomination. This is an excellent illustration of what libs think of themselves anf their role in Government.

8. Wayne says:

ha, ha, ha … and a happy spendmas to all.

9. Bleepless says:

Tonight on O’Reilly, Dick Morris was appalled at how bad that commercial is.

10. Pingback: the blog