It is call to action time for anyone interested in liberal democratic values. From Five Feet of Fury: Richard Warman suing conservative bloggers — including me
Richard "The Boy Named Sue" Warman has finally filed his statement of claim.
Canada's busiest litigant, serial "human rights" complainant and — the guy Mark Steyn has called "Canada’s most sensitive man" — Richard Warman is now suing his most vocal critics — including me.
The suit names:
• Ezra Levant (famous for his stirring YouTube video of his confrontation with the Canadian Human Rights tribunal after he published the “Mohammed Cartoons”)
• FreeDominion.ca (Canada’s answer to FreeRepublic.com)
• Kate McMillan of SmallDeadAnimals.com
• Jonathan Kay of the National Post daily newspaper and its in-house blog
• and me, Kathy Shaidle of FiveFeetOfFury.com
Richard Warman used to work for the notorious Human Rights Commission, which runs the "kangaroo courts" who’ve charged Mark Steyn with "flagrant Islamophobia."
Richard Warman has brought almost half these cases single-handledly, getting websites he doesn’t like shut down, and making tens of thousands of tax free dollars in "compensation" out of web site owners who can’t afford to fight back or don’t even realize they can.
The province of British Columbia had to pass a special law to stop Richard Warman from suing libraries because they carried books he didn't approve of.
Richard Warman also wants to ban international websites he doesn’t like from being seen by Canadians.
The folks named in his new law suit are the very bloggers who have been most outspoken in their criticism of Warman’s methods.WE NEED YOUR HELP!
* Please read our posts about the lawsuit to learn more about it. Ezra Levant's brand new post on the lawsuit has all the details
* Consider posting about our plight on your own websites
* Donate to our respective Defence Funds
We can only fight this man’s attempt to silence conservative opinion if we have international support: both moral and financial.
This lawsuit will cost me at least $30,000 to fight.
And fight it I will.
And I, for one, will try to help as I can. Although I have to believe in the basic common decency of a people that would make the game of hockey their national obsession. After all it is a game built upon the basic fact that a knockdown drag out fight is PART of the game, exactly the same way political speech that hurts someone's little feelings is part of the game. You get banged up a little in hockey you get right back out there because, hey, you're a hockey player. Its the same in the political arena. It's time to remind the Warman's of the world of this.