It’s Palin

And she's good. I am watching her live right now and she has presence, dignity and poise. The Obama campaign just got a major problem. They have already decided to take the low road and began issuing derisive statements about Palin as nothing more than a small town mayor. That technique will backfire on them, it makes them look petty.

Especially when Palin makes it a point, as she just did, to praise Geraldine Ferraro and Hillary Clinton.

Obama has a real problem.

Nicely done, McCain, nicely done.

UPDATE: Top ten list worth reading, written before the announcement.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to It’s Palin

1. sam says:

Peeling away those Hillary voters.  Good strategy.

2. Lars Walker says:

Oh, I’m a happy little Republican today.
    McCain played this so deftly, head-faked so perfectly. If I’d have known he was this shrewd, I’d probably been a supporter two or three elections ago.

3. feeblemind says:

Have two friends from different parts of the country tell me this was the best choice McCain could make. I know next to nothing about her so am not so sure. Affirmitive action picks make me uneasy and I wonder how she will handle the pressure of big time media scrutiny?

She’s a rather good speaker, watch her if you can. I think this was a sharp move on McCain’s part. Almost anyone else he could have picked would have brought too much baggage. And the Obama campaign is definitely not going to score points with a lot of people over the way they have tried to belittle her.

5. Santay says:

I watched her speak today and my immediate gut feeling was "yes, she’s for real".  Not just some bullsh*t artist like Obama.  Kudos to McCain for choosing her.

6. Woodsprite says:

The angle I haven’t heard anybody mention yet is that we now have a race between democrats from Chicago and Deleware, vs. republicans from Arizona and Alaska.  This is the first presidential race in a very long time to contain no southerners.  Not sure what it all means in a real sense, but it does create an interesting east / west dynamic.

7. MikeM says:

"Lack of experience"? I think not! Gov. Palin is the only one of the four who has actually RUN A GOVERNMENT! She has EXECUTIVE EXPERIENCE! McCain, Biden, and Obama have only passed legislation.

8. Trish says:

MikeM–YES!  That is exactly what I have been telling everybody all day long.

It’s interesting that Bill Kristol of the "Weekly Standard" predicted Gov. Palin as McCain’s running mate on Fox News Sunday over 1 1/2 months ago! I was watching the show when he made the predicition and again the following week when he was asked if he still stood by it and said yes. What does Bill Kristol know that no one else does? Is he prescient or did he put the idea in McCain’s head way back then? We may never know.

In any case, it is a brilliant choice. When either Biden or the Obamessiah tries to attack her they will look like petty bullies and I have a feeling she will maintain her cool and react with a dignity that the Hildebeast would never have been able to muster. I’m looking forward to the next two months now!