Please Read This

No, not the post, the piece I am linking here.

I had no idea that the statistic had gotten this bad. A 90% abortion rate.

My mother – and her mother before her – worked extensively with children with Down Syndrome. My grandmother at the Sunmount State Hospital, my mother with a group that her church sponsored. They both got more out of their involvement with those people – and they are people – with an extra chromosome than they gave away to them.

This bit of news saddens me in a way that I cannot begin to describe.

This entry was posted in Observations. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to Please Read This

1. checkers says:

Does anyone really believe that if they had their way the pro-choice folks would not mandate abortions for all genetic outliers? Thus saving the “state” and society money and resources that could better be used elsewhere. After all, it is cheaper than gas chambers and crematoriums.

2. Larry Sheldon says:

The socialists have had eugenics as a keystone in their plan for many years.

Read up on the National Socialist Workers Party going back to the 1930′s (A book titled “My Fight” covers the details.)

3. Larry Sheldon says:

Are comments moderated or did I just lose two?

4. Larry Sheldon says:

Lost it again I guess. Last try.

The socialist have long had eugenics as a keystone in their program going back at least to the 1930′s.

Read up on the National Socialist Workers Party. A book titled “My Fight” has the details.

5. Larry Sheldon says:

Now that is scary.

I retrieve them if I can – the spam software has a mind of its own

7. Foxfier says:

I can’t think on it.

I really, really can’t– the idea that someone could kill their baby for something stupid, like they’ll be slow but sweet and might have a heart problem, is less real to me than a hacker film. I can see cutting, I can understand it– but I can’t see killing my baby.

8. Larry Sheldon says:

Thanks. You can delete the dupes, and the nonsense if you like.

9. Pingback: The Conservative Reader » Blog Archive » Just Like Everyone Else

10. Rich Horton says:

Its sad and hard to think about.

Very hard.

11. Sylvia says:

When I had a false positive amnio for DS, abortion didn’t even cross my mind. I was shocked when everyone around me (except my wonderful doctor) assumed I would abort. Yikes.