Faint Praise

Well, Bill Clinton is campaigning for Barack Obama. Sort of. Except for the fact that he has more praise for Hillary, John McCain and Sarah Palin than for the Democratic party candidate. Thank heavens he didn’t mention Joe Biden.

However in a rare television interview tonight the former president called Republican presidential candidate John McCain “a great man” and praised GOP vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin as an “instinctively effective candidate.”

On a day when Obama sought to convince voters that he’s best able to handle the economic crisis, the former president said it was his wife, Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-NY, who gave today “the most detailed position.”

In an interview with CNBC’s Maria Bartiromo, Clinton, who has tried to put to rest rumors of tensions between himself and Obama said, “I’ve never concealed my admiration and affection for Senator McCain. I think he’s a great man.

Oh, Bubba kept trying to swear that he thought Obama would win, but the conviction is not there – go read it for yourself. Note also the hint at a October Surprise that might turn the Obama campaign right on its ear.

Hmmm. One wonders of something is up.

This entry was posted in Politics. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Faint Praise

1. Rich Horton says:

Its funny, because the more I see of Palin the more she reminds me of Clinton. (And, yeah, that’s a little bit of praise AND a little bit of criticism.) So, I’m not surprised Bubba finds her an “instinctual politician.”

As for Obama, you can tell Clinton has a dislike for the man. Hmmm…Bill is showing better judgement by the minute.

2. Ronnie says:

I hope nobody has been fooled in to thinking that the Clintons are really going to vote for Obama when they close the curtain.They know if he wins that her chances of ever being president are over.

3. Tom says:

Too bad Bill didn’t show better judgment when he was in office…

Ronnie, I have to differ with you. The Hildebeast will run in 2012 – whoever wins this election. If McCain wins, she’ll run against him as the “natural” candidate on the “I told you so (that Obama couldn’t win against McCain)” platform. If the Obamessiah wins, she and Bill are convinced his administration will be such an utter failure, she will run against him in the primary, again, on the “I told you so (that he wasn’t ready)” platform. Either way she runs.

5. Ropelight says:

martian’s got it right. Hillary will run in ’012 as sure as death or taxes. But, both she and ‘ol Slick just can’t let it go.

They know the whole US political class, Dems, Indeys,the GOP and MSM alike, can’t wait to consign them to a time out of mind, somewhere in the shadows of an restless past. But, they ain’t goin’ without taking another shot at the big time. They’re entitled, they was robbed, didn’t you know that?

6. Dean says:

Himself being Himself. Linked.