Gunday Afternoon

Haven’t done one of these in a while.

Taurus Model 605B

Taurus Model 605B

Taurus model 605B, 2-inch barrel, .357 magnum, 5 round capacity.

This entry was posted in Ordnance. Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Gunday Afternoon

1. Earl T says:

I know you like the Taurus and have an FN, but do yourself a favor and shoot a CZ! Best ergos of any pistol I’ve handled (and I like the FN). Put 1,500 rounds through my P0-1 w/o a hitch and it is very accurate.

I’ve heard good things about CZ and they are very nice looking, well built weapons. I’ll have to keep an eye out for one I really like.

3. MikeO says:

I second Earl T’s comment.

My wife has been through four handguns over the last year, and the CZ-75B SP-01 we bought last weekend put an ear-to-ear grin on her face from the first round downrange the other night. We got it along with a Kadet kit for .22LR, and she is extremely happy with it, citing the ergos.

After a few months of low-pressure work towards flash sight picture from the ready and controlled pairs (or hammers, or doubles, or double-taps), the first session with the CZ was like a lightbulb illuminating over her head.

4. ropelight says:

357s always make me wish I had gloves on and eye and ear protection. It’s quite an impressive show if you squeeze one off at night, but make sure the wind is behind you.

5. MikeO says:

ropelight,

I cannot imagine .357 S&W magnum without hearing protection. Even with plugs and muffs, it hurts my ears.

I would think that firing it unprotected in an enclosed space would be a one-way ticket to permanent ringing-in-the-ears.

I have a permanent hearing drop in my right ear from shooting .22 long rifle in an NRA-sanctioned shooting program when I was a kid. Hearing protection was (no pun intended) unheard of back in the day. When I had my hearing tested for a job, the tech asked me if I had shot .22 when I was younger. The profile is distinctive.

(I shoot left-handed.)

7. ropelight says:

Middle man in a duck blind ain’t such a great spot either. No doubt, inside is bad, bad, bad, but outside and close enough to get hot shells down your back will do the trick too.

I know what I’m talking about, my ears have been ringing since I was 14, that and 4 years in the Air Force working the flight line plus 6 years in college shooting skeet without plugs or muffs and I’m lucky to hear the fire alarm.

Anyone who reads this comment, learn from my misfortune, take steps to protect your hearing. I wish I had sense enough to do it, I do now that it’s too late, but I didn’t then and I’m paying a heavy price for my stupidity.

8. Maggie says:

My husband love me longtime, Joe.

Ruger SR9. ;^ )

9. Sean the Maggot says:

Shoot .38 Special +P instead of the .357 Magnums. Sweetness I tells ya!

10. ropelight says:

For home security I load the first chamber with plastic cap snakeshot, the next 2 are 38s, and from there on it’s 357s and the devil take the hindmost.