Carbon Jackboots

Mark Steyn on carbon fascism from jet-setting bureaucrats:

In order to save the planet from global roasting, it seems entirely reasonable to ask Mr. and Mrs. Joe Peasant to subordinate their freedom of movement to an annual “carbon allowance” preventing them flying hither and yon and devastating the environment. As Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, the chair of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, explains:

Hotel guests should have their electricity monitored; hefty aviation taxes should be introduced to deter people from flying; and iced water in restaurants should be curtailed, the world’s leading climate scientist has told the Observer.

Rajendra Pachauri? Hey, if you’re manning the VIP lounge at Heathrow, that name may ring a bell:

Dr Rajendra Pachauri flew at least 443,243 miles on IPCC business in this 19 month period. This business included honorary degree ceremonies, a book launch and a Brookings Institute dinner, the latter involving a flight of 3500 miles.

Wow. 443,243 miles. How many flying polar bears does Dr. Pachauri kill in an average quarter? Well, not to worry, he probably offsets his record-breaking ursocide with carbon credits from carbon billionaire Al Gore.

Personally, I have logged something like 3-4,000 miles in the past year. And this cricket fanatic wants to monitor my flying and water use – and even take away ice for my water?

This is the fanaticism that the crew at CRU enable with their conspiracy. This is totalitarian.

I feel a Godwin’s Law violation coming on. I also cry “Hypocrite!” and let slip the hounds of sarcasm on this officious, little asshat.

Have at him, folks.

This entry was posted in World news. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Carbon Jackboots

1. chuck says:

Does Godwin’s law require that I call the bum a Nazi? Or is that optional?

Strictly optional.

3. jefferson101 says:

It has been previously remarked.

“I will believe that it’s a ‘crisis’ when the people who keep telling me that it is start acting like it is one.”

As long as it only applies to “us”, and not to “them”, we all know what it really is about, now don’t we?

Shut up and grovel, you Peasants! And be thankful you have electricity for two hours a day.

Hey, Pachauri….I’ve got one for the horse you rode on it, too. Pick your caliber.

Heh.

4. Straight8 says:

My only grandchild lives approximately 1300 miles from my wife and me. Dr. Pachauri had best not try to put a roadblock in the way of THAT trip (that we make several times a year by air) or my response to him might be, well, violent.

5. Sam says:

As a fan of the movie “Office Space”, I prefer the term assclown. But you got the ass part right.

6. barking toad says:

This bloke’s as much “the world’s leading climate scientist” as Al Gore is.

He did have something to do with the railways in India and is an engineer. Now he’s in charge of the IPCC the only train of interest to him is the gravy one.

He also reckons we should become vegetarians and stop eating meat because cows contribute to gorebull warming. The irony of sacred cows wandering the streets in India disrupting traffic obviously escapes him.

7. ropelight says:

Rajendra Pachauri, the ClimateQuack, is an assclown upon which everyone has sat, except a man.

My apologies to the poet.

8. Tom says:

You are missing the point!! We are to sacrifice so he can continue with his important work of saving the planet!!

(Note: Heavy sarcasm is present in the above statements.)

9. Bleepless says:

Note that, in one respect, Communist Politburos were (and are) morally superior to our eco-rulers. The former said they wanted everyone to share in their prosperity; the latter want nobody else to have their comfortable perks.