Major League Offense

Slime:

The actor Charlie Sheen, 44, above in a police photo, has been ordered to return to court in Aspen, Colo., on Feb. 8, after his arrest there on Christmas morning at a house where he was staying with his wife, Brooke Mueller Sheen, 32, The Associated Press reported. The police responded to a 911 call, according to an Aspen police spokeswoman, Stephanie Dasaro, and Mr. Sheen, the star of the CBS comedy “Two and a Half Men” was taken to the Pitkin County jail and booked for second-degree assault, menacing and criminal mischief.

Menacing involves the use of a gun. This is not Sheen’s first alleged assault on a woman.

This entry was posted in Crime. Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to Major League Offense

1. Alex says:

Two things:

1) Menacing doesn’t at all imply a gun, but it does imply a weapon was brandished. I think that it is more likely that someone pulled a chef’s knife in an aggressive manner.

2) “Two and a Half Men” cracks me up. Why do actors have to give me a reason to boycott their show?!

2. ropelight says:

Alex, have some coffee.

3. Andrew X says:

To this day, I just love the film “Wall Street”, and can roll my eyes over Oliver Stone’s nonsense and get over it….

But I just have really really REALLY HUGE trouble getting past Charlie Sheen’s vociferous trutherism. To expound such an idea as that is possibly the single most loathsome political act I have seen in my lifetime, and is akin to being a passionate, vociferous holocaust-denier…… in 1944!

In other words, can any sane person hearing someone say, in the year 1944, “oh, all this talk about Jews being rounded up and killed, it’s all just British propoganda”, etc, and not just say this at a cocktail party, but go on national radio and crowded lecture halls to expound on it? Could anyone do such a thing at that particular point in time, and quite simply not be abjectively sympathetic to the Nazis and their goals? To say such things when the war against Hitler is raging hot and fiery, and young Americans are shedding blood daily in it? Not to mention Jews in fact being roundced up and massacred while such a person defends himself with a craven “Hey man, I’m just askin’ some questions… What’s yer problem?”

Trutherism and its adherents disgust me on a level difficult to truly plumb. And its a damn shame, because I kinda liked Charlie Sheen at one time. But I’m not gonna just roll my eyes over this one, and those eyes are getting pretty tired of rolling about these people in general anyway.

4. ropelight says:

AP is reporting, “ASPEN, Colo. — Charlie Sheen’s wife has told Aspen police the actor pinned her on a bed, put a knife to her throat and threatened to kill her after she said she wanted a divorce.

An arrest warrant affidavit released Monday quotes Brooke Mueller Sheen as saying the actor told her, “You better be in fear. If you tell anybody, I’ll kill you.”

The affidavit says Charlie Sheen denied threatening her with a knife.”

PS: Alex, the coffee is on me.

Well, then. It’s a knife rather than a gun.

Doesn’t affect his standing one whit. I have a very, very low opinion of such people – regardless of weapon.

Thanks for pointing that out, however. I had only seen the charge applied to the use of a gun. Perhaps Colorado law is different from what I am used to.

6. Alex says:

Alex=Law student – So if someone would be nerdy enough to catch that, it would be me.

I can only begin to imagine how many celebrities pull this crap and don’t get arrested.

7. ropelight says:

Today, the scuttle-butt is that Charlie’s wife is walking back from her accusation, trying to cover for her man. This is textbook.

8. Alex says:

Rope,

Just saw that. And the thing is, it’ll work. She blew a .14 and Sheen blew a .03. She’ll blame her overreaction to a crap ton of alcohol. Sheen’s lawyer will concoct a nice story to make it all fit. And it will all be one silly “misunderstanding.” (At the taxpayer’s expense – police aren’t free) I’m surprised she even remembers the phone call!

9. ropelight says:

If Charlie more or less follows OJ’s script, we can look forward to another violent outburst, after which Mueller runs to a Battered Woman’s Shelter, and confides to her diary that Sheen will kill her and get away with it.

Mueller is later found butchered along with anyone who happens to be standing around, Charlie has some sort of sketchy alibi, corroborated by his next wannabe Mrs Sheen drinking buddy bed partner and by his daddy who just happened to recall stopping at Charlie’s place for a brief visit that fateful evening.

The trial will be conducted in the pages of the LA Times, but only after Charlie gets back from 3 weeks at the Betty Ford Center. His legal team will drag out the jury selection, only drunk washed-up Roman Polanski types will make the cut, and TV will get free programing for 6 months. Eventually, after the ratings fall below Soap Opera levels, Charlie walks, but within the next year police get a 911 domestic violence call from his home phone.

How about it, sound about right?