Democrat Death Panels

ObamaCare comes for the Democrats in Congress first:

As Democrats brace for a November wave that threatens their control of the House, party leaders are preparing a brutal triage of their own members in hopes of saving enough seats to keep a slim grip on the majority.

In the next two weeks, Democratic leaders will review new polls and other data that show whether vulnerable incumbents have a path to victory. If not, the party is poised to redirect money to concentrate on trying to protect up to two dozen lawmakers who appear to be in the strongest position to fend off their challengers.

“We are going to have to win these races one by one,” said Representative Chris Van Hollen of Maryland, chairman of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee, conceding that the party would ultimately cut loose members who had not gained ground.

No hip replacements for the under performing, just a handful of pills.

Sound familiar?

Welcome to the not-so-brave-new-world of the Democrats in despair. They are going to cheerfully kill their own in hopes of clinging to power. Just the kind of folks you want running the most intimate and personal aspects of your health care, right?

Frankly, if I were one of the soon-to-be-abandoned future former Democrats in Congress, I would take a look at the loyalty of the leadership that I walked the plank for and come to a simple decision: I’d quit. I’d walk away and concede in advance of election day to my Republican challenger. I would not resign, though. I’d sit in my seat and vote present on every single vote from now until the end of this Congress as a tribute to the loyalty of the Democratic party leadership.

Just a suggestion for the new unpersons of the Democratic party “elite”.

Via Memeorandum.

This entry was posted in Appalling, Democrats. Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Democrat Death Panels

1. countrydoc says:

If you did that you would be branded a traitor. Gone would be any chance at a cushy lobbying gig, academic sinecure or seat on the board of any financial or software company. And that’s why nobody will do as you dream you would do. Neither would you. Food on the table trumps ethics.

Wrong, Countrydoc. I would do exactly as I said. But then, I have ethics.

3. countrydoc says:

Everyone’s a hero in their own minds.

4. LYNNDH says:

Gaius, it would be too much to hope for. And, Countrydoc, it is apparant that you do not have any ethics, or moral compass.

5. ropelight says:

An unethical Democrat just might decide to face the fact that his party has abandoned him, and respond by using his remaining time in office to make hay while there’s still time to grab for the gold.

Opportunities for quick and dirty deals will soon evaporate, so an unethical and soon to be out-of-office-holder might concern himself with using his victim status to raise as much cash in fungible campaign contributions as possible, and in doing quid pro quo favors for rich and powerful interests, while pretending to go through the motions of seeking reelection.

Then, there’s the sweet lame-duck season when the chance to grab the really big money comes. Unethical Democrats who survive the mid-terms will be shy about going on record again with programs the public hates, but the lame ducks will be free of such mundane and bousousie restraints and will temporarily hold a hand full of trump cards to be exchanged for suitable considerations.

Imagine how Blogo would play such a hand and you’ll get my drift.

6. countrydoc says:

Oh, I have a moral compass alright. But I also know cheap preening when I see it. Unless you have actually stood in the breech it is foolish to talk about how bad someone is and how you would never act like that. “I would never give into that centerfold model’s seduction. I’m far too faithful for that.” “That guy’s a coward! I would have taken that foxhole with my bare hands.” Easy to say, especially when you don’t have to ever actually do it. While I agree with Gaius that it would be awesome if they did that, I found his posturing to be shallow and lacking in humility. To wit:
    “I’d quit. I’d walk away and concede in advance of election day to my Republican challenger. I would not resign, though. I’d sit in my seat and vote present on every single vote from now until the end of this Congress as a tribute to the loyalty of the Democratic party leadership.” Sure, sure. You are such a hero. You would have sacrificed career, income and family, because you are just that kind of guy. You would have taken that foxhole, no doubt. Its just bad luck that you were never actually there.

7. Sam L. says:

They’ll pick Titanic passengers to throw overboard. Doncha just LOVE party loyalty?

8. dorf says:

Where does one find an ethical Democrat? If this is a Representative Government where and when did these folks represent their constituents????

Expiring minds would like an answer….